The Nurse HelpLine is available 24/7 to our members and their families to perform immediate triage and help direct them to the most appropriate care. Registered nurses counsel participants and answer questions, evaluating their medical needs prior to seeking help from a physician or the emergency room. Members can talk confidentially about medical concerns or difficult personal or family problems. The Nurse HelpLine can help lower plan costs by reducing unnecessary medical visits and plan utilization.
A Health Information Library is also available to members and their families through the Nurse HelpLine. The library is a free resource which has thousands of detailed recordings on health-related topics such as allergies, blood pressure, depression, child and teen health, and many more.
Nurse HelpLine Services:
- 24/7 telephone access to nurse care counselors
- Nationally recognized triage algorithms
- Medical triage and care advice
- Acute care treatment options: clinics, hospital, physician, ER
- Audio health information library
- TDD/TTY capability for hearing impaired
- Language translation line
- Communication to physician/case manager in cases identified as emergent
- Information and referral sharing with Care & Pharmacy Management